Auckland monthly housing update, October 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
• 2162 dwellings were consented in August 2021.
• In the year ending August 2021, 19,928 dwellings were consented in the region.
• 29 per cent of new dwellings consented in August 2021 were houses, 6 per cent were apartments and 65 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
• 175 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in August 2021.
• 2024 dwellings consented in August 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
• 26 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in August 2021.
• 1173 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in August 2021.
• In the year ending August 2021, 14,178 dwellings had a CCC issued.
• 907 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in September 2021.
• In the past 12 months, 8709 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 726 each month.
• In September 2021, 909 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
• Long-term arrivals in July 2021 were 2152.
• 770 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2021.