Auckland monthly housing update, May 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1622 dwellings were consented in March 2021.
- In the year ending March 2021, 17,492 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 37 per cent of new dwellings consented in March 2021 were houses, 11 per cent were apartments and 52 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 64 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in March 2021.
- 1531 dwellings consented in March 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 23 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in March 2021.
- 1412 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in March 2021.
- In the year ending March 2021, 12,768 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1017 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in April 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 8689 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 724 each month.
- In April 2021, 1010 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in February 2021 were 1598.
- 1045 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2020.