Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1043 dwellings were consented in April 2019.
- In the year ending April 2019, 13,754 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 46 per cent of new dwellings consented in April 2019 were houses, 12 per cent were apartments and 41 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 145 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in April 2019.
- 956 dwellings consented in April 2019 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 22 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network.
- 788 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in April 2019.
- In the year ending April 2019, 10,195 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 494 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in May 2019.
- In the past 12 months, 7758 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 647 each month.
- 489 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Median residential sales price in April 2019 was $800,000 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).