Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1354 dwellings were consented in February 2019.
- In the year ending February 2019, 13,847 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 47 per cent of new dwellings consented in February 2019 were houses, 31 per cent were apartments and 22 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 170 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in February 2019.
- 1275 dwellings consented in February 2019 were inside the Rural Urban Boundary (RUB). Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 24 per cent of dwellings consented in February 2019 were within 1500m walking distance of the rapid transport network.
- 812 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in February 2019.
- In the year ending February 2019, 10,211 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 561 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in March 2019.
- In the past 12 months, 8058 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 672 each month.
- 472 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Auckland’s regional net migration data was not available for February 2019.
- Median residential sales price in February 2019 was $823,750 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).