Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- number of dwellings consented
- types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 938 dwellings were consented in December 2018.
- In the year ended December 2018, 12,862 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 45 per cent of new dwellings consented in December 2018 were houses, 27 per cent were apartments and 28 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 127 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in December 2018.
- 38 per cent of dwellings consented in December 2018 were within 1500m walking distance of a rapid transport station(s).
- 92 per cent of dwellings consented in December 2018 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 869 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in December 2018.
- In the year ended December 2018, 10,637 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 730 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in January 2019 and over 95 per cent of them were under 1000m2.
- In the past 12 months, 7921 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created; that was an average of 660 each month.
- 664 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Net migration data was not available for December 2018.
- Median residential sales price in December 2018 was $820,000 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).