Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- number of dwellings consented
- types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1172 dwellings were consented in November 2018.
- In the year ending November 2018, 12,800 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 52 per cent of new dwellings consented in November 2018 were houses, 15 per cent were apartments and 33 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of dwellings.
- 82 per cent of dwellings consented in November 2018 were inside the 2010 MUL. Over the past 12 months, 82 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the 2010 MUL.
- 887 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in November 2018.
- In the year ending November 2018, 10,475 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 734 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in December 2018.
- In the past 12 months, 7810 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created; that was an average of 651 each month.
- Of the 8220 new residential parcels of all sizes created in the year ending December 2018, 70 per cent were inside the 2010 MUL.
- Net migration data was not available for November 2018.
- Median residential sales price in November 2018 was $825,000 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).